The vehicles department handles the following services:
- Remote electronic registration and transfers of: cars, vans, motorbikes, mopeds, lorries, coaches, agricultural vehicles, industrial vehicles, classic vehicles
- Duplicate traffic permits and technical datasheets
- Application for traffic reports
- Temporary individual permits (green plates)
- Temporary company permits (red plates)
- Deregistrations: scrappage, temporary, EU transit and vehicle exports
- Re-registration of deregistered vehicles
- Vehicle imports and changes of residency
- Re-licensing for ITV (Technical Vehicle Inspection) and traffic procedures
- Vehicle approvals
- Name changes
- Administration and supervision of periodic inspections
- Administration and granting of summary datasheet from ITV testing stations or industrial engineers
- Legal approval of adaptations: modifications from public to private use and vice versa, rotating lights..
- Granting of ADR (hazardous goods transportation) certificates
- Granting of ATP (perishable goods transportation) certificates
- Administration of cancellations and registrations of ownership reservation and leasing operations with the Companies Register
- Administration and settlement of traffic fines
- Processing of appeals: arguments, revision...
The transport department handles the following services:
- Transport card registration:
- Goods: national public service transportation of goods (MDP and MDL); regional public service transportation of goods (MDL-A); supplementary private service transportation of goods (MPC).
- Passengers: public passenger transportation (VD); supplementary private passenger transportation (VPC); taxi (VT); public healthcare transportation (VS); private healthcare transportation (VSPC); vehicle rental with driver (VTC).
- Transport operator (OT)
- CAP training course administration
- Certificates for the registration or transfer of goods or passenger vehicles.
- Approval of goods and passenger transport cards.
- Re-registration of non-approved authorisations.
- Substitution of the vehicles covered by authorisations.
- Deregistration of vehicle authorisations.
- Transfer of authorisation ownership.
- Vehicle immobilisation certificate.
- Certificate of non-EU third-country drivers.
- Granting of EU licences.
- Goods transportation counterfoil books: CMR, CEMT and national control document ORDER FOM/283/2003
- Processing, granting and renewal of digital cards: drivers, companies and calibration workshops.
- Processing and renewal of CAP training card.
- Tachograph exemptions.
- Authorisations for special transportation: vehicles which because of their technical characteristics or the non-divisible load they transport are in excess of the maximum permitted weight and maximum dimensions laid down in the General Vehicle Regulation.
- Administration and settlement of transportation fines
- Processing of appeals
The agricultural department handles the following services:
The industry department handles the following services:
- Legal approval of industrial operators
- Mechanical workshops
- Construction companies
- Professional ID cards
- REA (accredited company register)
The driver department handles the following services:
- Administration and notification of driving licence renewal: A1, A, B, C1, C, D1, D, E
- Driving permit and licence duplicates
- Application for prior traffic department appointment for filing of exchange procedures
- Exchanges of driving licences: from EU and third countries with which an agreement has been signed.
- Administration of international licences
Annotation in the traffic department records of the change of address on driving licences